Logo for Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ash Wednesday February 17

Epiphany is almost over and we are coming to a time when people begin to contemplate the season of Lent. We begin this season with the observance of Ash Wednesday where we come together and remind ourselves "that we are dust and to dust we shall return" A time of penance a time to sacrifice. Not because God needs us to give up something for lent but to remind us of what he gave up for us. So when you "give up" something for lent do it so that it will remind you of what Christ did for you. I remember a few years back I gave up Mexican food, and each time I wanted to eat those chips and salsa, devour a burrito I would be pulled back to understanding the great gift God gave me through his sacrifice for me. Its a great way to remember the Lenten season, and to celebrate the great love that Christ had for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment